” Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning, there is mystery, In the end there is confirmation, but it is in the middle where all the emotions reside to make the whole thing worthwhile” – Nicholas Sparks
In this voyage called life you should know that life goes on no matter the loss, no matter how painful each day maybe, no matter how much you may like to dwell over the past, or no matter how much you would like life to fast forward just a bit because the current existence is just too painful to deal with you should know that each day would unfold just exactly as it is meant to be.
“You are going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it’s always their actions you should judge them by. Its actions, not words that matter.” – Nicholas Sparks
- ‘Tell me again, how you went from loving me “more” to loving me no more?’ asked you, deep inside. But You should know that love happens when you are least looking for it and disappears just when you have made space for it and learnt to love the feeling of being in love. Know that when it must go it would, creating a hollow in one’s existence; Strangers may fall in love and call themselves “soul mates” and those soul mates may resemble strangers in just the blink of a moment.
- You should know that life brings in equal amounts of joyous moments and equal amounts of gloomy moments, it all really depends on how much you celebrate your happy moments by living each moment of your happiness to the fullest, and how bravely you face the misty moments, taking each impediment in your stride bravely repeating to yourself with all the conviction you can muster that “this phase shall also pass”.
- You should know that the only way to achieve what you want is by making yourself believe that you really can pull off what you dream, by pushing yourself to achieving those dreams. No dream is ever realized without pain, struggle, hard work, perseverance, determination and the occasional tear. Know, that on your path to reaching out the stars that bedazzles your gaze you are going to find a number of people telling you how impossible your goals are, or how difficult the road lays ahead of you, many may even try to persuade you to rethink of your decision to want to fly that high and reach those stars, but it is you who has to firmly stand by for yourself and allow yourself to achieve all that you desire for.
- You should know that the simplest act of compassion and giving not only helps another being during their wearisome times, but it also gives you the feeling of inner happiness and peace which is rare to find in the ever challenging & chaotic lives we lead.
- You should know that there are often going to be phases when you are going to find yourself to be all on your own, and during those times you must try a little harder than usual to let the inner light of yours to continue to ignite against all adversities,
“Never be ashamed of a scar, it often means that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you“- Unknown
6.You should know that no matter how long and dark the night gets, with the crack of dawn that seeps in unhurriedly, sturdily spreads rays of sunshine brightening luminosity across the skies of the night just the same way worries, heartaches, struggles and periods of hopelessness would soon follow periods of happiness, success, peace and fulfilment. You just got to hang in there till the sunrises.
7.You must know that during the voyage called life, nothing lasts forever, hence let go of what hurts, forgive and forget quickly, smile always, laugh loud, never lose faith in yourself and god, and live each day as it would be your last.
Sherene Aftab, is a Mumbai based Writer, Lecturer and Trainer. She Lectures in various management and media colleges, features regularly in offline & online publications and conducts workshops in soft skills, personality development, communication skills and career counselling