Your use of self defense has to be justified in order for it not to be taken as mere violence.
- Reasonable force is justified if necessary to prevent an impending injury.
- The force used should only be enough to repel the attack.
- Self defense should only be used once there is no other alternative of escape.
- In cases of force that is likely to cause death or serious injury, it is advised to retreat or escape if an exit is possible.
- Force likely to cause death should not be used as self defense if only protecting property.
- Lethal self defense can be used if it is to avoid death or great bodily harm.
- To equip yourself to defend you and your loved ones.
- To build and increase your self – esteem.
- To allow you stand up for what you believe in.
- To make yourself physically fit for any situation.
- To allow you to be agile in any situation.
- To develop your instincts with improved reflexes.
- To train your mind to act in line with your body.
- Better posture.
- Physical fitness.
- To help you overcome fear.
SAFIGI Outreach Foundation Ltd is a not for profit organization based in Zambia with a vision to raise a generation where girls are empowered, equipped and fulfilled in every aspect of their life, for the development of the entire world. To know more about SAFIGI’s goals and activities, visit: http://www.safetyfirstforgirls.org