A sexual predator is a person who commits a sexually related crime.
See more definitions here;
SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP
- If you find yourself being sexually attracted to an infant this could have been caused by an error in biological hormonal reactions. For this seek professional help. Do not be shy to ask for help.
- Learn forgiveness. Many sexual offenders may not have have been victims of a sexual crime itself but mostly harbor rage in their hearts, therefore, making themselves insensitive to other people.
- Have your emotions in check. If you find yourself desiring sexual intimacy with someone vulnerable and forcefully seek professional help. You will save yourself and someone else’s life.
- If you were a victim before, seek to counsel and talk about it with a trusted person so that you do not repeat the crime that was done to you.
AVOID WATCHING PORNOGRAPHIC MATERIAL
- The pornographic material could encourage and stir up the negative emotions that could lead you to become a sexual abuser hence avoid pornography in order that your mind does not get corrupt.
- Pornography could incite ideas and wicked schemes an abuser could use on a victim, by simply watching pornography you are supporting the acts being performed there.
- Pornography is grounded on abuse and not all who feature in the videos do so at their own free will and children’s lives are destroyed all in the name of pornography so even if you are not a pornographer by watching porn, you are funding this dark cycle that can only be broken if you stop watching!
- Remember there are consequences. No secrets can be kept forever. If you were not caught today, you will be caught tomorrow and pay dearly for ruining someone’s life. Sexually trespassing causes massive damage emotionally and physically to a victim.
BE REAL: ACTIONS IN SECRET SHOULD MATCH ACTIONS IN PUBLIC
- Know your limits. You may be a friendly person but crossing the comfort line of friendship and forcing sexual intimacy will make you a sexual predator.
- Do not view people simply as sexual objects to satisfy your sexual needs. Learn that there is more to people than just sex. How can you stop viewing people as sex objects when you have done so for a long time, just look at the world and acknowledge that most of the things made did not materialize from sexual activity.
- Resist the urge to Manipulate. If you are manipulative by nature, you could try conforming your behavior in order to avoid committing a crime.
- Have a balanced self-esteem. Sex offenses are either with extremely low self-esteem or extremely high self-esteem. Find the right balance in life.
SAFIGI Outreach Foundation Ltd is a not for profit organization based in Zambia with a vision to raise a generation where girls are empowered, equipped and fulfilled in every aspect of their life, for the development of the entire world. To know more about SAFIGI’s goals and activities, visit: http://www.safetyfirstforgirls.org